Sunday 6 March 2011

The Island of Blood

So, my first foray into the world of blogging - i'm so 1995?

Through interesting circumstances, i have acquired Games Workshops' "Island of Blood" starter set. I used to be an avid wargamer but have been out of the hobby for many many years - getting by on PC offerings such as Blood Bowl and Dawn of War.

As it stands, i felt an urge to start painting again. Painting was always the part of the hobby i loved the most. I could spend hours de-stressing staring intently at a model trying to perfect it!

The Box
My first thoughts when i opened the box were: "Holy crap, look at the amount of detail on these babies!"

Seriously, when i started wargaming, i had the Warhammer 40,000 box set that contained 10 clip together Space Marines and around 40 one-piece Goff Orks and Gretchin! Oh and don't forget the old cardboard dreadnought!

I was always one for the "Good Guys" and so, whilst i intend on painting the Skaven up at some point, i'll be focussing on High Elves and if i ever find any money, intend on building on these first.

I am a trainee Maths teacher and money is exceptionally tight - more so than time right now, so painting this box set will hopefully keep me occupioed until the end of May!!!

I'd hope i can get a first game in at some point too!

So there we have it - this Blog is born!

No comments:

Post a Comment